“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls” (Habakkuk 3:17)
For many this verse may sound simple, but GOD gave answers for 1000 questions. Let’s see the hidden things in it.
1. Fig tree– The leaves of fig appear very close & show themselves like budded fruits. This may be our situation where we look so green & look so good to the world but inside we may have no fruits. We may have a secret life. Our ministry or work of GOD may look green but inside its dry & without pleasing GOD.
2. Grapes is actually compared to wife/life partner(psalms 128) the verse express that we may be looking for our life partner or we may be with no proper love in married life or our marriage alliance may unaccomplished for years.
3. Olive crops refers to children, either our children may be away from GOD or we as children may be displeasing to GOD or to our parents.
4. Fields refers to the labor of our hand. Our hard work in office or at work would have gone in vain. Our promotions or appraisal would have been like no food/good result for the labor in field. It may be our exams where our hard efforts would have not turned up.
5. Sheep refers to souls. We may be praying hard to reach out souls but we see very mere growth in church or fellowship. Sheep seems scattering & running out of GOD’s flock.
6. Cattle refers to wealth. We may be not rich enough or provide much generously even when our heart desires to give more for GOD. We may lack in wealth.
The above 6 points may describe your situation. We may be down & weary but the next verse says & defines what is real Christian life all about
Habakkuk 3:18: yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Even your situation may be worse but the bible says we need to rejoice & be joyful in GOD. There had been times when my face goes like a ugly dugly when I Have troubles. But bible says us to rejoice for one reason which is as below.
Habakkuk 3:19 :The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.
Be confident as GOD never lies. HE has promised that even may be in such situations, when we really , fully on GOD & seek HIM & rejoice, HE WILL be your strength. HE will make your feet like deer so you will face danger but you will make a run out of it & run out of sin though may be stumbling in sin at present.The present situation may be down but HE promises to take us heights. Heights that the world could never even imagine that you will reach.
Dear bro/sis, if you are in such hard times, believe in JESUS that GOD is gonna take us to heights. Cheer up… What more do you need when the maker itself is your strength. How big is coming out of sin before GOD?? How big is your promotion?? How big matter is your marriage before GOD??? How big is your problem before the BIG BIG GOD??? Chuck it out…. We have a great DAD… My DAD is more than words could ever say.
(The author’s e-mail: email@example.com, Facebook: shelton.maharesh)